SLICC is a not-for-profit private foundation organized exclusively for charitable, educational and scientific purposes within the meaning of Section 501(c)(3) of the US Internal Revenue Code of 1986 or the corresponding provision of any future US Internal Revenue statute, including, but not limited to:
- 1.To support research in the field of lupus and related diseases;
- 2.To facilitate interaction among scientific investigators working in the field of lupus and related diseases;
- 3.To advance educational opportunities for healthcare professionals involved in lupus and related diseases research;
- 4.To increase public awareness of current issues and developments in lupus and related diseases; and
- 5.To solicit and receive donations from public and private sources to support such education, charitable and scientific programs and activities.
SLICC is incorporated in the state of Illinois with offices at 4800 Friendship Avenue, North Tower 2800, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15224.